La Vie Privee

I often find myself away from the boulevard, with only my thoughts and memories for companions. Within this silence, in the midst of these memories, I write of love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Along the boulevard of earthly delights, France

A gentleman of leisurely pursuits lounging beside the boulevard of life, lost in his own reveries and observing others pursue their dreams or flee their nightmares.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Highway Of My Dreamtime


I rise from my rest and walk to my car,
Where I take my seat with such ease;
And move upon the darkened highway,
The highway of my dreamtime.

I feel the wind on my face;
The high beams, there in the distance.
Above, so far, the stars glide idly,
Still in the vast, silent darkness.

They cannot know. Or perhaps they can
Hear my heart pounding at the memory
Of her that I love, who dwells beyond,
Out there, somewhere in the distance.

And who now drives me to be here,
Here behind the wheel, rushing in the dark,
To her whose name I cannot say, but who
Dwells at the end of this dark highway.

The highway of my dreamtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home